Memphis and Shelby County homeowners can appeal their property tax appraisal values each year by filing an appeal with the Board of Equalization.
Have home values decreased in your area? Do you know the current fair market value of your home? Are foreclosures and bank sales effecting your property values?
With our 2014 Tax Appeal Kit homeowners are armed with comprehensive reports in easy-to-ready formats to easily determine if their home’s appraisal value is too high.
For just $49 homeowners receive the following reports:
- Comparable Sales: A mapped report showing recent sales activity over the past 2 years that most closely matches the subject property.
- Neighborhood Profile Report: An overview of all sales and foreclosure activity with market trends for the past 4 years.
- Foreclosure Effect Report: Shows the total potential effect of foreclosures within a 1/4 mile of the property on appraisal values.
- Instructions for Appealing: Step-by-step instructions for using the reports and for filing an appeal.
- Tips & Tricks for a Successful Appeal
Visit www.shelbytaxappeal.com or call (901) 458-6419 to learn more. The deadline to appeal is July 31, 2014.